Friday, May 05, 2006

A Simple Life

Today is a simple day. My daughter has a friend over. They're both five years old. It's gorgeous outside, and we're taking advantage, playing with the hose, bouncing on the trampoline and playing all sorts of imaginary games. It's the first day warm enough to put on bathing suits. If only life could be so uncomplicated for adults. They're waiting for our ten year old to come home from school so she will play with them.

I can't stand to look at the news anymore. I go through cycles where I'm so "news'ed" out that I withdraw and don't watch or read anything. I'm in one of those cycles now. I've buried myself in my writing and feel much more at peace. Sometimes I have to remind myself to focus on my family and my goals and let the world go on without me for awhile.

I'm going to go do that now. The girls want me to spray them with the hose. Life is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks, Ciar! :) It was a lovely Mother's Day.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home