Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tuesday ramblings...boring!

So.... it's not Lyme's Disease. Thank God. It was only a spider bite. She does have an infection, though, of which I had no clue. Her tonsils and ears are red and inflamed and she has swollen glands. She's running around and eating, so I had no clue. LOL Her dance recital is Saturday, so I'm glad we caught this.

Today's humdrum schedule is laundry. Piles of it. Jabba the Hut sized piles. Ick. And writing in between loads. I'm at a good jumping off point for my second Freya's Bower work and would love 2 or 3 hours alone to get some words on the page. Maybe later tonight after swim practice.

Today's Thought for the Day:

Don't worry. It'll only seem kinky the first time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jpatrick said...

Lyme would be a real drag. You asked why I read the occasional romance. I'll tell you why. I've written a couple pieces of short form romance. My last one was a rite of passage bit with some unique metaphors.

I'm interested in how the genre has evolved over the last 40 years or so, and I plan on including some romance in some of my longer form projects. Seems like most stuff in any genre that sells well has an element of romance.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Cool, JP! I think romance is a universal theme that everyone relates to, whether it's a mystery, scifi, whatever. And you're right - it seems to be in every type of successful book. There are plenty of e-pubs that take short stories. You should think about selling! If you're interested, a very cool website is www.romancedivas.com. We have Diva Dudes also. :) It's a very welcoming, lively forum with tons of advice, workshops, and just regular ole' chit-chat. If you have specific questions about romance, it's a great place to ask. Just tell 'em Lisa sent ya. ;)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Whaha! the thought of the day made me laugh.

Good thing to hear it's not so bad...uh, just a spider bite. Obviously not poisonous.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Nah, not poisonous. Just something else for a mom to obsess over. Really, I don't obsess much, but when I do....look out. lol

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home