Monday, August 21, 2006

Busy busy busy

Busy days here. 17 days until school begins, but who's counting? ;-) I can't wait for a few moments of peace and quiet during my week. Can't wait!!

I've been lurking and posting on some very interesting yahoo groups the last couple of days - Romance Junkies Readers and World Romance Readers. I'd love to get the word out about Freya's Bower and Wild Child Publishing and the amazing books we offer, but I'm also enjoying chatting with different people about books - one of my favorite topics! The calendar at Romance Junkies Readers has a chat wtih JR Ward on Thursday which I can't wait for - she's a phenomenal author who has opened me up to the paranormal world. Her writing pulls the reader into the story by the second paragraph. Her heroes are stellar vamps, with one human in the mix. Sexy as all get-out with cool heroines.

Did I mention school begins in 17 days??

Tomorrow I have an interview at our local hospital to work every Thursday 3pm-11pm and every other weekend for those hours. It would be great to get out of the house and get paid for doing so instead of spending money when I escape! lol It averages out to maybe 10 days/month, so it's fine. DH is perfectly happy being home with the kids the weekends I'm "on", so I'm hoping all goes well tomorrow. Fingers and toes crossed.

Both my girls are sitting in the living room glued to another Disney movie, The Cheetah Girls - yet another phenomenon like High School Musical, I think. It's a harmless story with good morals and cute fashion. Right up their alley.

Off to do some writing. Or maybe I'll make it an early night tonight. I've been having insomnia issues - going to sleep around 4am and getting up around 11am. Not good, especially considering ... yep, school starts in 17 days. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Emma Sanders said...

Woo-Hoo, I know you're looking forward to school starting. It starts much later where you're at. Here, it's the second week of school already.

Hope everything went well with your interview.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Pamela Tyner said...

Yep, High School Musical is HUGE with the kids. My 12-year-old SON loves it. I never would have guessed that he’d like a musical.

Hope your interview went well!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey, Pam and Emma!

The interview went great - I was offered the position. I'm feeling great about having a weekly paycheck! :-)

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home