Friday, August 04, 2006

Lovely day on the beach

The title says it all. Great day on the beach with the kids and friends. I spent a quiet evening with our girls, playing games. I opened a few that Santa brought that were never opened in the hustle and bustle of school days. I taught them how to play Mystery Date, that classic from the 70's. Sexist as all get-out, but fun! Then Abby creamed me in Monopoly.

I got a ton of editing work done this evening. My writing is flowing once again, and it feels just marvelous. It's 2am and I feel like it's 10am. I have such a weird nocturnal clock!

Not too many worries or concerns today. I'm trying to make a list of those before I try and drop off to sleep so that I am able to sleep well. Work is going great. The kids are doing well. Hubby is ok and settling into his new job. It's been a lovely, relatively quiet week after the last two months that were so hectic and stressful.

A trip to the mall with the girls is scheduled tomorrow, along with haircuts and some work in between.

I was talking with my 13yo tonight - he wanted to know what I thought the world would be like in 2050 - in terms of technology. I told him there wouldn't be flying cars, which he sees in older movies as being "futuristic". I said I'd be happy if each car is battery-operated! Wouldn't that be lovely??? Maybe by then the Middle East will be a safe place.

A safe good night to all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Tyner said...

Life in 2050? Interesting! Thanks for providing me with a possible 'dinner conversation with the kids' topic :)

12:47 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You never know what the kids will come up with for future life! They've seen much more sophisticated ideas than I did growing up - we only had the Jetsons and Lost in Space! LOL Remember those shows? I loved them! I think my favorite cartoon was Josie & the Pussycats.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home