Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lisa's Journey

I just got in from "playing tennis" with the kids. I put that in quotes because all I really did was chase balls for two hours, but at least we were outside enjoying the weather. The heat has broken a bit, and the humidity levels are low. I spent last night and this morning doing my Review Coordinator job for Historical Romance Club - www.historicalromanceclub.com. We publish reviews monthly for all historic romances plus those with a paranormal bent - ghosts, time travel, etc. I'm also playing catch-up with my crit group on Yahoo. I'd been so busy in July a lot got past me. Next year I'll have to let the world know I'm on a break for two months from online because of my "real life" responsibilities for June and July.

We are awaiting an important email tomorrow morning. Our daughter tried out for a rather elite swim team and they are sending out responses via email tomorrow. She can't wait. I think she'll make it, but we'll see! Other than that, it's a quiet week coming up. I have breakfast with friends tomorrow morning, a beach date at 4 pm and friends visiting this coming weekend. Very nice and slow-paced! I think I might actually make progress on cleaning this house!

Another thing I need to put back on my priority list is writing. I have a draft due in December, and I haven't done enough work on it to be comfortable. I was warned that editing took a lot of time away from my writing, and that's correct. But once school starts my time will free up tremendously!

I'm off to start dinner. Ribs on the BBQ, corn on the cob and potatoes in their jackets. Yummy! A happy and safe night to all...