Sunday, August 27, 2006

Peace and Quiet?

Was I just complaining on Monday about needing the kids to go to school? LOL Right after blogging that I spoke with my mom in Pennsylvania who invited the girls to come and visit for a few days. Soooo I brought them on Monday and picked them up Thursday, then wound up leaving my son with my mom and my oldest daughter with my brother and his family for a visit. The 5yo had to come home - she missed us. :-) So it's been a much quieter week than I expected. Which was nice, but at the same time - too quiet! LOL The grass is always greener...

My 5yo had a sleepover Friday night to make up for the fact that she didn't get to stay with her cousins. We had a severe thunderstorm that night at about 2am. Both girls came into our room. I sent my DH to another bed and snuggled with the 2 girls for hours while thunder raged outside. Lordie, it was a large storm. My son in Pennsylvania said the hail hitting my mom's aluminum awnings kept him up all night!

I watched Raising Helen tonight - it's a movie with Kate Hudson. Very cute film, but it brought up the usual angst-filled questions that come to mind when I think about writing my will - who are the kids going to be left to if both DH and I die together? Morbid, horrible thoughts, but practical. DH and I had asked his sister and husband to take the kids years ago, but honestly, we just raise the kids really differently than they do, so we approached my brother and his wife and they said yes. Awful, fear-filled thoughts of a parent.

But now I'm in the mood to write. I haven't been in a long time, so I'm going to stay up late tonight and take advantage. I had a massive headache most of the day and had to take Excedrin, which is keeping me up now, so I'm going to take advantage of the time.

I'm still on Chapter 1 of the WIP. Argh!! I'm going to get a move on.

Oh, one last thought. My middle daughter turns 11 in a few days. I saw my niece the other day for the first time in awhile - and she was wearing a bra. She doesn't turn 10 until November - my daughter isn't anywhere near needing a bra yet. It's amazing how girls change - all at their own time and pace. Makes me shake my head and wonder where the time has gone...

3 Comments:

Blogger Bebe said...

Good luck on the writing. I'm in the mood to write, too. Must be something going around.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Emma Sanders said...

Ah, I'm in the mood to write, just not on my current WIP! Not on any WIPs! Would you send some of that "stuff going around" my way?

I watched that movie, too, and it does make you think. I'm not a parent, just a proud aunt, but still, it makes you think...

Sending birthday wishes to your daughter. :))

7:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Something tells me you're a great aunt, Emma. :-)

I'll pass along your wishes to my daughter.

Bebe - I don't know what's in the air, but I hope it keeps coming my way! Wish I could send you something, Emma. Maybe it's the anticipation of your release that's keeping you from being able to concentrate?

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home