Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Must blog...

That was my professional goal for the day. To blog. It's now 1AM and I'm finaly blogging. LOL This was a nutty day - mainly because I'm, well, at that time of the month, and feeling pretty awful, popping Advils, etc. My energy on these days goes from nada to zooming high. So I laid on my bed and watched tv half the day and the other half I cleaned. My kitchen floor is mopped. That's the upside. lol I got the kids involved in working too. Hell, all they wanted to do is fight all day and I've had enough! I had to crack the whip. Then they got to play with friends, and I got a cleaner house. Not a bad deal.

My "baby" got her introduction letter and package from her kindergarten teacher today. ::sniff:: I had no idea I was going to feel so sentimental about it. She's such a pip, and I love her company. I'm looking forward to having my time alone, but I will miss her, I think. The form asked me to list anything Maddie might be afraid of. I asked Maddie what she was scared of and she said after a minute of thought, "Skeletons, vampires, Darth Vader and skulls." Geez, if I put that in, the teacher will expect her mom to walk into class goth head to toe! ROFL. I told Maddie she's going to have a tough time at Halloween, and she nodded and said "Tell me about it." Oh, Lordie, she's a pip. ;-)

She's my night owl - just like her mama. I started tonight getting her ready to get up at 6:30 for school. We got her a new Hello Kitty alarm clock and I set it for 10 am. I had to wake her today at 10:00 and she was complaining she wanted to sleep more. So tonight she went to bed by 8:30. This was the first night in a LONG while that she didn't come out 10 times to ask for a drink of water, food, to read, etc. She's definitely been spoiled over the summer. lol But she's so cute - we typed out a list of things she has to do both when she gets up in the morning and when she goes to bed. This is something we did last year for preschool and she asked to do "my list" again. My favorite on the list is "pick up 10 things in my room". LOL Her room is such a disaster because of all the toys she's inherited over the years I'm happy if there's a path between the doorway and her bed.

Wow, didn't mean to ramble so much about her, but it's nice to share lovely thoughts about your kids sometimes. In real life, you don't want to come off as bragging, so chatting about her here is cool.

Oh, I have to mention the Emmy's. I was so happy 24 and Kiefer won - it made my night. And the dresses the women wore were mainly stunning. I hate turning on the tv and seeing a hideous dress. Don't these people pay stylists to make them look *good*? I hated Sandra Oh's gown and accessories - she called it "Russian Czarina meets Run DMC". Uh, ok. And Cheryl Hines looked silly with all the beading on her back. And what was up with Nick Lachey's chick Vanessa Millano (is that how you spell it?) Her dress was 80's trashy. Weird.

Love, love Denis Leary. He's such a sexy SOB. If you're not watching Rescue Me on FX, Tuesdays, 10pm and 11pm, you're really missing out. I hope to see it recognized next year for both Denis' acting, which is phenomenal, and for best dramatic series. Fabulous show.

Off to bed now. I have a bunch of new crossword books to do. They always slow my mind down from worrying about day to day stuff, though I can't do much higher than the medium challenges. Sometimes I feel like an idiot doing the puzzles. ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bebe said...

I loved what you wrote about your daughter, Lisa. So often, it sounds like moms want to get rid of their kids this time of year. It's refreshing to hear from a mom that actually enjoys her child's company.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you, Bebe! I love writing about my kids.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home