Monday, September 04, 2006

The end of summer...

Summer is officially over. The pool club is closed for the season. I'm sitting on my bed with the windows open, listening to the crickets chirping and the frogs from the park up the street singing. And my 5yo lays next to me, snoring gently. lol I have a small fan on and the air feels beautiful. It's clean and crisp. I love the fall. Of course, it's not officially here yet. In fact, the heat and humidity will probably come back in a week or so, but I'm going to enjoy the coolness while we have it.

I did something interesting with my daughter, Abigail, this evening. She just turned 11 this weekend and is starting middle school. She came into my room asking why "one eyebrow has one hair that goes straight up right here". LOL Obviously she wanted to pluck 'em, but didn't want to ask. Friends of hers have already had their brows waxed - they're exceptionally hairy young ladies! So I laid her down with her head in my lap and judiciously plucked several hairs out from each brow. Not much of a difference, but a bit - enough that she and I could tell. She was very good about it, very patient and just said "ow" each time I pulled. We have to go jeans shopping tomorrow. School starts Thursday and the jeans she wanted to wear are too tight in the thighs. Her best friend gave her them for her b-day and got her the usual 10-slim size - we all did a happy dance when Abby found them too tight. She's been in a 10-slim for what feels like forever - yay, she's growing! LOL This friend, Julie, has had her period already and is so much more developed than Abigail, so it's a private joke (well, not so private anymore!) among us.

Off to do more editing. Night, all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Is it going on fall there already? It was about 90 here today lol. I'm hoping mid-October it will cool down enough to turn off the a/c.

My girls are 9 and 10 now. They haven't tried plucking eyebrows yet, but they both shave their legs. *sigh* I don't know about this growing up stuff lol.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Lori, do I ever know it. LOL My 5yo is growing up even faster because of my 11yo.

Yeah, it's going on fall here. We can still have hot days up until the end of October, but our 70 degree days have started - it's lovely!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home