Sunday, September 17, 2006

New Beginnings

Pray for me. LOL

I'm starting work tomorrow at a hospital, and while I'm only going to be working 8 days a month, I'm working full-time for training purposes for a couple of weeks. Ack! I haven't had to get up, showered and moving in eons. And I never had to do it while getting 3 kids out of the house and letting the contractor in to work on the house! DH and I just figure we'll muddle our way through it.

I'm going to be working on what's called the "bed desk". I will control (mmmwwwwaaahhhhhaaaa haaaa) the beds in the hospital, for patients in the ER who need a bed, keeping track of who left that day, docs will call with direct admits, etc. I like the job because it involves a lot of chatting on the phone, shmoozing the RN's for beds, etc. They warn me it's a stressful job, but heck, I'm working Wednesday one week, Thursday the next and every other weekend, Saturday and Sunday. All on the 3p-11p shift. No biggie, really. It will be nice to get out!

But in the meantime, working full-time is gonna hurt. I've planned ahead as much as I can with meals (bought tons of ready-to-cook crap today) and clothes (yep, folded and ironed - an amazing feat). So here goes nothing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks, Bella! As you can see, it's been tough - I haven't been online much since starting this job. But I'm on the other side now, ready to slow down and take it easy for a bit.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home