Monday, October 16, 2006

Ack! It's been a month!

This is the longest I've gone without blogging. Real life has gotten crazy lately. I started working at our local community hospital and while it's a part-time position I've been working full-time for the past four weeks training. I'm finally on part-time status and one of the women I work with was in a bad car accident and I've been covering some of her hours. Whew! I'm finally able to concentrate on my editing and writing duties.

I'm finding hospital work interesting. I'm working in admissions, doing registrations and also running the "bed control desk" for a few shifts. This is the desk that coordinates all the patients/ beds in the hospital and involves working with the ER and nursing staff through the hospital. It's a busy, hectic kind of job which I adore - it makes the time fly. My mom and sister are both RN's and I've always abhored their hospital banter. It's an inside joke with us that I hate talking medicine. Now here I am using their slang, which they love. lol

We also had a ton of work done on the house in the past month. We have a bi-level house, with the kitchen, living room, dining room and 3 bedrooms upstairs. Downstairs is a family room, laundry, and a 4th bedroom. We first knocked a wall down between the LR and DR, creating one large living space and put a half wall between the kitchen and former DR so it's all open and wonderful. The light spilling into the rooms makes me so happy - we have direct southern exposure on the front of the house and the back rooms were dark and unhappy. Not anymore! We also built a deck off the 2nd floor with a door leading from the former DR onto the deck. It's gorgeous - I just wish it were June instead of October so I could enjoy it more!

Anyway, enough ranting about myself. I've been in "avoidance" mode with the world. I haven't had the time to sit and watch the horrible news stories that have been out there - the Amish story in particular. Sometimes I just need to take a step back and concentrate on me and mine and forget that the rest of it all exists. Someone commented today on the radio that the "talking heads" on tv seemed disappointed Hawaii's earthquake wasn't more dramatic. Apparently there isn't much footage of disastrous things happening during it. That is the very thing that turns me off to the news.

Until tomorrow, friends...

Oh, one last thing - Freya's Bower is announcing their release of a collection of erotic and romance stories which will be sold with all net proceeds going to benefit a battered women's shelter. Check out www.freyasbower.com for the details. The book will be available in either e-book format, softcover and hardcover and will be released in February. Cool beans! The women that run FB are true class acts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Yeah, life always has a way to sneak in and makes us forget what day it is. Until we suddenly realize a month has gone by.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is one way to keep up with you girl!
signed,
a friend from Fox Chase (guess who?)

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home